Tuesday, April 22, 2008

South Carolina EMS Conference

I just returned from the South Carolina EMS Conference in Myrtle Beach. It was a great show. One of the things that impressed me most (in addition to the very motivated attendees) was their annual paramedic competition.

South Carolina Paramedic Championship

This was the second time I was a judge for the competition. I have to say that I find it refreshing when EMSers take pride in what they do.

Five teams competed. Four were regional contest winners plus the winner from last year's statewide competition. Each two-person team was faced with a school shooting scenario. The teams were on their own for 8+ minutes with 7 patients. And they did well.

Hats off to the competitors for being there and competing in the finest EMS tradition. It was a great conference. I hope to see y'all again soon.

No comments: