Saturday, October 25, 2008

Where have I been?

Summer flew by and fall began with a hectic travel schedule. I had the good fortune to ride and photograph in Buffalo, NY and North Las Vegas, NV. I also taught in a workshop on the new education standards in Oklahoma City.

While I was in Las Vegas I had the opportunity to teach in the Rancho High School EMT class in North Las Vegas. While this blog often pulls in news about EMS which is less than positive, I have to say that teaching this class gave me hope for the future of EMS.

This class was full of bright and responsive students who had a clear vision on what they wanted from the future--and I'm happy to say that several are looking toward a career in EMS. They asked questions, participated and showed a genuine interest in EMS. Definitely a highlight of my trip to EMS Expo.

I would be remiss if I didn't note the kindness, hospitality and professionalism I saw in Buffalo (Thanks to Deputy Whitfield and stations 21, 22, 26 and 33) and North Las Vegas (Thanks to EMS Chief Bruce Evans and Station 51) while riding and photographing. And also to JTM Training Group for allowing me to observe some amazing tactical medical scenarios at Nellis AFB.

A few more trips are on the horizon including Topeka, Kansas and Salt Lake City, Utah before the holiday break.

Stay tuned. I'm back and will post regularly. Please drop me a note or comment to say hello.

1 comment: