Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day 2007





Although this post isn't about EMS, you'll notice that my bio says I am a photojournalist. I do freelance work as much as I can. This past weekend I shot a parade for the Sun Journal in Lewiston, Maine.

The saluting Navy Captain and parade watcher with the flag and reflected veterans are somewhat traditional parade and Memorial Day images which I was happy with. The Somali woman wearing red, white and blue didn't make the paper but was one of those images and interactions that will stick in my memory for some time. I love photojournalism for the same reason I love EMS. It is just great to be out there.

In our long Memorial Day weekends we hopefully took a moment to remember all those who have served and are currently serving in the armed forces. And to remember all those in the emergency services who paved the way for us, some making the ultimate sacrifice.

No comments: